|Appendix A: List of New Features Available for Fall
1. The ability to Import materials from last
semester's courseweb has been added. For instructions goto "Importing
Materials From Previous Semester's Courseweb".
New Features Available for Fall 2003
1. Course descriptions are automatically posted in each courseweb. These descriptions
are taken from the Lawnet database and the information needs to be edited within the
Lawnet database. Each page in the courseweb has a new link to Lawnet in the
top layer toolbar. So, to edit the course description, follow
the instructions in this manual. This is the same database that is used for the
curriculum guide that is
publicly available through the CLS home page. Any changes made to the course description
will also be made to the curriculum guide, as well.
2. A log of all emails sent out through the courseweb email feature has been
added. This log is an archive of all email sent out by faculty and any responses
sent by students. A link to this log can be found on the left hand side of the courseweb
below the Discussion links and above the Manage Access Control links.
3. A sort by date up/down triangle has been added to the all documents view of the in
the Discussion section.
Short list of Fall 2002 Courseweb enhancements
1. Authors of the courseweb will have the ability
to turn on or off the discussion
page. If the feature is off, the space will be occupied by the manage access
Discussion Links Page)
2. Email links to the Professor are added to the upper left hand corner of the course web,
under the Professors name there is an icon that is automatically liked to the law
school email address for example: email@example.com. If there is more than one
professor each professor will receive a copy of the email.
3. A new option is included to move a folder to the top of the list (just below the course
description). This will give some flexibility in the order folders are displayed.
(See Moving Folder to Top)
4. Attachments with spaces in the file name will automatically be trimmed. All white space
will be deleted. File name Competing Visions of Federalism.wpd would become
CompetingVisionsofFederalism.wpd. This avoids the problem of attaching files that have
problems being displayed due to incompatible naming of the original file.
5. Secure all elements on the site to comply with https. (This will get rid of that vexing
"you are about to view unsecured information" dialogue box.)
6. Create a searchable database of all courses on the public index page of