This is not legal advice. Click here to learn about getting a lawyer and whether you need one.

You May Bring an Attorney

You may bring an attorney to a Krimstock hearing, and you may work with an attorney to prepare for your hearing.

The lawyer for your criminal case may or may not handle your Krimstock hearing, but you should advise that lawyer about your request for a Krimstock hearing. This is especially important because what you say at a formal Krimstock hearing could be used against you later in your criminal case.

You may contact OATH to get information about finding an attorney who may represent you free of charge. OATH can be contacted by telephone at 1-844-OATH-NYC (1-844-628-4692) or at 100 Church Street, 12th floor, NYC 10007.

An Attorney should read the OATH Rules of Practice.